Review: Mobil App: Discord

I play a fighting game called Injustice Gods Among Us 2 with a group of people online, that I have never met. It is similar to Mortal Combat, but uses DC comic book characters; like Batman, Superman, The Flash, and Green Arrow. The members of the group are from all over the globe, I think we have at least one person on every continent. I joined a league in the game as soon as they released the option in a game update. The game does have a built-in group chat but it is very buggy. One day the leader posted the link to our league's Discord page, and it has been our workaround for the buggy in-game chat. Not to mention it still works when the game is down for maintenance. Prior to December 2018, I had zero idea what Discord was. My experience with Discord has been nothing but good. I would give it five stars.
What is Discord exactly? It is a freeware VoIP(Voice over Internet Protocol.) application and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel. It can be run by Windows, MacOS, Android, IOS, Linux, and any web browser, and can be used across any of these platforms. For instance, I use an android device to play the game, several others use an iPhone that operates on IOS, and we chat back and forth flawlessly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Network Management and Security

Program languages for beginers